From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Eggent 1.2.0-incubating
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 17:10:39 GMT
The NOTICE file contains the following text:

"Apache Edgent is currently undergoing Incubation at the Apache
Software Foundation."

That does not belong there.

On 11 December 2017 at 12:02, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Hi Seb,
>
> we have stopped distributing binary release archives as with this release we’ll be
starting to use Maven for distributing binary artifacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheedgent-1002/org/apache/edgent/edgent-parent/1.2.0/
>
> And the difference to the legal files (LICENSE and NOTICE) are probably due to a lot
of work we have put into making the new build comply to the Apache rules.
> The Maven migration took about 2 Months while fine-tuning the legal things took about
4 months where Justin helped us greatly with resolving any issues.

> So, I removed the LICENSE file and here’s the revision to vote on: 23497
>

> Chris
>

> Am 11.12.17, 12:50 schrieb "sebb" <sebbaz@gmail.com>:
>
>     On 11 December 2017 at 11:33, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>     > Hi Seb,
>     >
>     > starting with Edgent 1.2.0 we have switched the build system to Maven. Therefore,
the build is now generating output with the default Maven settings.
>     > So instead of adjusting the names for every future release, would it be better
to change the names of the existing ones?

>     What names are you referring to?
>
>     > I also did notice the old releases were not including LICENSE, README and RELEASE_NOTES,
but according to our wiki:
>     > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Release+Manager%27s+Guide#ReleaseManager'sGuide-StagingtheReleaseCandidate
>     > I thought this was probably some requirement added after the last release. Would
you suggest removing the 3 text files and adjust the RC documentation accordingly or to add
the NOTICE and adjust the RC documentation?