From "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <efrie...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.1.0-RC2
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:28:30 GMT
Hi Justin-
  I’m far from an expert on Creative Commons, so please bear with me.

 Reference 3 below is from the OWASP SecLists Project[1] which is under the Creative Commons
Attribution ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) 3.0 license.

The Apache “resolved” page places Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) 3.0 into category
B, but the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike licenses are category A for “unmodified
media” [2]

I would consider the passwords_list.txt file a form of unmodified media and think we should
be able to include it in our release in source form. (This is actually the same reasoning
we apply to the Maxmind .tgz, which is also Attribution-ShareAlike CC-BY-SA 4.0).

1. https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_SecLists_Project
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-sa

— Eric

On Dec 11, 2017, at 1:03 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com<mailto:justin@classsoftware.com>>