From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache BatchEE 0.5-incubating
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 09:04:46 GMT
Hi Mark,

> IBM developed a JBatch RI at github. They didn't officially submit their JBatch RI as
podling but just gave us the OK to  do a 'friendly fork’

Thanks for that that’s clarifies what going on and looks fine to me. Not easy to review
without that context however :-)

> What we probably should do is to review all the (c) IBM files and check where we did
add some significant amount of work (surpassing the threshold of originality).
> For those files we should _additionally_ also add the (c) ASF to the headers imo. Not
a biggie,

Not a biggie - you need significant changes before changing / adding an addition header but
up to the PMC.  See points 4/5 in [1]

> I think there is no need to add anything to LICENSE as they are ALv2 anyway.

See [2] it’s not required but recommended especially if it’s not ASF licensed.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep