From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Clarifying on how to add initial PPMC members
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2017 05:11:31 GMT
Hi,

I was just just trying to set PLC4X podling PPMC membership [3]  but I can’t seem to edit
the roster. This says [1] the $podlings.xml file is no longer used and the whimsey tool should
be used instead [2]. I can edit other podling memberships but not PLC4X.

I’m probably just being impatient, but how does someone get edit permission to add mentors
in the first place? Does it need to be requested or is it part of the podling parent setup?
[4] Also what exactly does this parent setup do?

My understanding from the discussion here [5] was that any IPMC member could add mentors to
a podling. Has this changed?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#maintaining_podling_roster