From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Pulsar 1.19.0-incubating Release Candidate 0
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2017 00:00:13 GMT
Hi,,

> Yes, we have included the NOTICE file as it comes from Netty [1], minus
> repeating the ALv2 license text. I believe most of those dependencies are
> actually bundled inside the Netty jar and thus they are not listed
> elsewhere as transitive dependencies for Pulsar. Does that make any
> difference in this context?

There’s no need to list dependancies in the NOTICE file only a few things are required in
NOTICE and it best to kept short. [1][2][3]

Up to the PMC but I would removed them as they are IMO not needed.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html#contributor-copyright
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice