From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Apache HAWQ 2.2.0.0-incubating Release
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 21:05:08 GMT
On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Ruilong Huo <huor@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi IPMC member,
>

> The PPMC vote for the Apache HAWQ 2.2.0.0-incubating release has passed. We kindly request
that the IPMC now vote on the release.

> The PPMC vote thread is located here:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ee0b81127e75eb2562e91b0a44d56b24165c6284a7a46dc03eeb7d6d@%3Cdev.hawq.apache.org%3E
>

> The artifacts can be downloaded here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.2.0.0-incubating.RC3/
>

> The artifacts have been signed with Key : 1B8B6872
>

> All JIRAs completed for this release are tagged with 'FixVersion = 2.2.0.0-incubating'.
You can view them here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318826&version=12339641
>

> Please vote accordingly:
> [ ] +1, accept as the official Apache HAWQ 2.2.0.0-incubating release
> [ ] -1, do not accept as the official Apache HAWQ 2.2.0.0-incubating release because...

I'm +1 on the release with one caveat: it seems that pxf RPMs don't
deliver LICENSE/NOTICE/DISCLAIMER.
inside of the RPMs. Normally that would be enough for me to cast a -1,
but it seems that the JARs inside
of the RPMs (and these RPMs deliver JARs only) actually bundle the
required files.

My take it is that we shouldn't hold a release for that -- but I'll
let the rest of IPMC chime in.

The rest looks really good:
   * checked sigs and hashes
   * compared source tarball to the git tag
   * checked for license headers in the source
   * installed the RPMs

Thanks,
Roman.