From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Airflow 1.8.2 (incubating)
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 09:23:29 GMT
Hi,

> The situation isn't that bad. It is due to the fact this is a "sdist" (not a bdist).

A single -1 vote isn’t bad and other IPMC member may vote +1 - but probably unlikely in
this case I think.

Whatever the artefact is called the LICENSE and NOTICE needs to reflect what is contained
with in it. [1] Also [2] "Any redistribution must obey the licensing requirements of the contents.”

If there is any GPL code in there (and I’m not 100% there is but licensing around that file
needs looking at IMO) then that would be an issue [3]

> Our git repo does contain the licenses and does pass RAT.

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding something but I don’t see any of those missing licenses mentioned
in the LICENSE here [4] in fact it looks identical to the one in the distribution I just reviewed.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#binary