From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Gradute Streams as TLP
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 20:26:40 GMT
Thanks for clarifying. Does this list correspond to those who have participated with commits
and project work in the last 6 months or year who are PPMC members or committers? Will you
continue to allow all current committers to have commit rights once you go to TLP?

My concern is anyone losing merit even if it has been a few years. People come and go. Sometimes
people come back after being absent for a couple of years. One aspect at Apache is that merit
does not expire.

(I am part of OpenOffice where we went from a huge PPMC to a large PMC on graduation so I
feel what you are doing is legitimate.)

Regards,
Dave

> On Jul 5, 2017, at 1:19 PM, sblackmon <sblackmon@apache.org> wrote:
>
> As the PPMC member encouraged to draft the resolution, that was the condition I decided
to apply, after running it by a few others from the community out-of-band.  There was no email
thread on the topic, so using the definition that decisions must be made on the list, this
wasn’t a group decision, it was an action by me.

wrote:

>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> Where was that decision made? I don’t see that recently in Pony Mail archives.
I don’t see anything wrong with decision I just don’t see any record of it. Please let
us know when it was made and how it was recorded.

>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>> > On Jul 5, 2017, at 12:33 PM, sblackmon <sblackmon@apache.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > John,
>> >
>> > We decided to propose only PPMC members who voted +1 to the graduation resolution
for the PMC. If that left out anyone harboring a latent plan to re-engage with the project
community, and they let us know on dev@streams, we’d be happy to add their names onto the
resolution.