From William GUO <guo...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Griffin 0.1.4-incubating [rc2]
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2017 14:06:11 GMT
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your checking, we had ignored those files in configuration before, but we should
double check our artifacts.

We will fix those license issue.

William

On 6/23/17, 8:55 PM, "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <efriedri@cisco.com> wrote:

    Hi,

     I checked the following:
    - Filename of "apache-griffin-0.1.4-incubating" would be preferred
    - GPG signature validates
    - MD5 and SHA1 signatures validate but it would be nice to release in a format that allows
the tools to check automatically with "-c" option (see manpage)
    - Many .sh files need AL2 License header applied
       /docker/griffin_demo/prep/data

    - I had trouble finding licenses for the following components
        Fontawesome
       ./ui/apidocs/lib/highlight.7.3.pack.js
       ./ui/apidocs/lib/swagger-oauth.js
       ./ui/apidocs/lang/*.js
       ./ui/apidocs/fonts/DroidSans-Bold.ttf
       ./ui/apidocs/fonts/DroidSans.ttf

    - Maybe I'm reading too exactly, but it looks from [1] that these below files are covered
under CC BY 3.0 which is Category-B.
        ./ui/bower_components/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.css.map
        ./ui/bower_components/font-awesome/HELP-US-OUT.txt
        ./ui/bower_components/font-awesome/bower.json

    [1] http://fontawesome.io/license/

    —Eric

    > On Jun 22, 2017, at 11:01 PM, William Guo <guoyp@apache.org> wrote:
    >
    > update text as links, not sure why it was not links in email.
    >
    > PPMC vote threads:
    > https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a298cdc88e7da94e88e3483342a8fc1e647061c9cc4c32aeb12f1ca9@%3Cdev.griffin.apache.org%3E
    >
    > PPMC vote result threads:
    > https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f94c56da6d2b3f777898443a349634e3c76c6c047b205de52cd6643c@%3Cdev.griffin.apache.org%3E
    >

    > The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
    > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/griffin/0.1.4-incubating
    >
    > The tag to be voted upon is 0.1.4-incubating:
    > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-griffin.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/0.1.4-incubating
    >

    > The release hash is f1ad4b7b6390b988f3625df3eba652a7fb59ad68:
    > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-griffin.git;a=commit;h=f1ad4b7b6390b988f3625df3eba652a7fb59ad68
    >

    > The Nexus Staging URL:
    > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegriffin-1002

    > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/griffin/KEYS
    >

    > KEYS file available:
    > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/griffin/KEYS
    >

    > For information about the contents of this release, see:
    > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/griffin/0.1.4-incubating/CHANGES.txt
    >

    > William

2. This is the first release of Griffin.

    > Apache Griffin is data quality service for modern data system, it defines a standard
process to define, measure data quality for well-known dimensions. With Apache Griffin, users
will be able to quickly define their data quality requirements and then get the result in
near real time in systematical approach.