From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Contents of Podling Status Tracking
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 11:32:02 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 5:22 AM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Looking at our current tracking file for podlings, I wonder how much of the
> information is useful...

I agree that a good part of the information found in podling status
pages belongs on their own websites, as soon as those are up.

Note that http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html does scrape some
data from those pages AFAIK, so it might break if we remove things.

It looks to me like podlings.xml + whimsy roster + a graduation
checklist / report including items like software grants, list of
releases, podling name search etc. would do - but I haven't checked
the impact on the clutch report.

That graduation report (along with the optional maturity model
self-assessment) can then live on the podling's website to gradually
evolve during incubation, and be sumitted along with the graduation
request. There's no need to check those things beforehand, IMO, as
long as podlings have a template for that report which indicates
what's required.

-Bertrand