From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: ASF hosted binaries collecting user data without an explicit opt-in
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 16:59:55 GMT
On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 8:25 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
> While these are all great discussion points, I don't believe they're
> relevant to incubator only and probably should have remained on the
> legal-discuss list.  Ignite graduated ~2 years ago.  The incubator probably
> doesn't have an opinion about this, but it's good to know that the policy
> may change (and I do personally have an opinion on said types of software).

The reason I'm bringing it on the IPMC mailing list has nothing to do
with how long
ago Ignite graduated and everything to do with the following two points:
   1. It can be very useful to the future podlings
   2. I honestly don't know any other forum where I can meaningfully
discuss changes to release policy

I'll take advice on #2, of course.

Thanks,
Roman.