From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control 2.0.0 incubating (RC6)
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2017 00:56:43 GMT
Hi,

+0 binding as I can’t build from source and no instructions provided.

I will change to +1 when I can compile/ you raise a JIRA to add instructions on how to build.

I checked:
- signatures and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE good
- NOTICE OK . You can remove the information about the fonts in there it’s not needed.
- No unexpected binary files
- All source files have headers (there's a few script files and other files that could also
have headers)
- can't build from source

when running the build.sh script it eventually fails with this error

cp: ./build/*.spec: No such file or directory
Could not copy spec files: 1
traffic_stats failed:
The following subdirectories had errors:
   traffic_monitor
   traffic_monitor_golang
   traffic_ops
   traffic_portal
   traffic_router
   traffic_stats

Has perhaps something not been included in the release or is my environment not set up correctly?

It would be nice to include the build instructions in the build itself. I believe this has
come up before. By providing a URL it means that the content of that URL may change for future
releases and people would be unable to build this release. In fact the URL in the documentation
is incorrect [1] and currently 404s which is less than helpful.

There a few file still copyright comcast I assume these need to be removed? [2][3][4][5][6]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/development/building.html
2. ./apache-trafficcontrol-2.0.0-incubating/traffic_ops/app/t/api/1.1/cdn.t
3. ./apache-trafficcontrol-2.0.0-incubating/traffic_ops/client/delivery_service_resources.go
4. ./apache-trafficcontrol-2.0.0-incubating/traffic_ops/install/lib/WebDep.pm
5. ./apache-trafficcontrol-2.0.0-incubating/traffic_stats/vendor/github.com/jheitz200/test_helper/http.go
6. ./apache-trafficcontrol-2.0.0-incubating/traffic_stats/vendor/github.com/jheitz200/test_helper/test.go