From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Airflow voting on release artifacts
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 07:04:18 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 10:18 PM, Chris Riccomini <criccomini@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Hitesh recently raised the issue that the artifact that passes the vote
> MUST be the one that we actually release...

Yes in terms of having the same binary digests and signatures, but
renaming the files is fine IMO, especially for removing an -rc suffix
which makes total sense. I would just add that step to your release
process documentation to make it clear.

> ...Rename/rebuild after final vote (This is what Airflow is doing, and Beam
> does this, I believe)...

I'd say rename yes but rebuild no, in order to keep the same digests
and signatures.

-Bertrand