From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposed resolution for Apache CarbonData graduation
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 08:58:44 GMT
Following Bertrand's comment, I updated resolution follow:

  X. Establish the Apache CarbonData Project

    open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
    the public, related to an indexed columnar data format
    for fast analytics on big data platform.

    Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache CarbonData Project",
    Foundation; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache CarbonData Project be and hereby is
    related to a unified programming model for both batch and
    streaming data processing, enabling efficient execution across
    diverse distributed execution engines and providing extensibility
    points for connecting to different technologies and user
    communities; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache CarbonData"be
    and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
    serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
    of the Apache CarbonData Project, and to have primary responsibility
    for management of the projects within the scope of
    responsibility of the Apache CarbonData Project; and be it further

    Apache CarbonData Project:

     * Liang Chen <chenliang613@apache.org>
     * Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jbonofre@apache.org>
     * Henry Saputra <hsaputra@apache.org>
     * Uma Maheswara Rao G <umamahesh@apache.org>
     * Jenny MA <jihongma@apache.org>
     * Jacky Li <jackylk@apache.org>
     * Vimal Das Kammath <vimaldas@apache.org>
     * Jarray Qiu <jarray888@apache.org>

    NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Liang Chen be
    appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache CarbonData, to
    serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
    death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
    or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the initial Apache CarbonData PMC be and hereby is
    tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
    encourage open development and increased participation in the
    Apache CarbonData Project; and be it further

    RESOLVED, that the Apache CarbonData Project be and hereby
    Incubator CarbonData podling; and be it further

    Incubator CarbonData podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
    Project are hereafter discharged.

Regards
JB

On 03/14/2017 04:42 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 3:20 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>   ...creation and maintenance of
>>    open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
>>    the public, related to a unified programming model for both
>>    batch and streaming data processing, enabling efficient
>>    execution across diverse distributed execution engines
>>    and providing extensibility points for connecting to different
>>    technologies and user communities....
>
> Could that be a bit more concise?
>
> I think "a unified programming model for both batch and streaming data
> processing" says it all, the rest sounds more like marketing to me ;-)
>
> -Bertrand

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net