From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New website to go with new logo?
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2017 12:51:38 GMT
Evan,

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:13 PM Evan Hughes <wisebaldone@apache.org> wrote:

> Hey john,
>
> Still wantting to explore this venture?

Yes - was waiting to free up some time to make this happen.  I think that's
going to start after next week.

> Just wondering why the choice of jbake over something like middleman (my
> perferred) , jekyll or hugo?

I've never heard of middleman before.  It looks extremely powerful.

I was introduced to jbake by one of the podlings I mentor - Tamaya.  It
actually satisfies a few needs that I wanted to make sure.  First,
obviously open source.  Its extensible to some extent.  When we get to
porting pages like the podling status pages, I expect some customization
required.  In addition, jbake is heavily aligned to Apache (though not an
ASF project) - its based on Groovy and Freemarker so it makes me feel like
we're eating our own tooling.  Its not tied to any specific format.  I can
mix pages of multiple formats together, at least from my local prototyping
its very easy to get things working together.

When I look at tools like jekyll or hugo, I can't say the same for those
tools.