From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control 1.8.0-incubating (RC9)
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 00:37:41 GMT
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 5:10 PM Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 1:00 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Dan Kirkwood <dangogh@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Personally, the reason why I'm asking about the impact is to better make
> > judgment call on whether to block or not.  I don't particularly see why
> > we're now being jumped on over this fact.
>
> John,
>
> My email was rushed because I wanted to preempt cancellation of the
> vote. I see now that it can be read in a more confrontational tone
> than was meant.
>
> Thank you very much for taking the time to review the release
> candidate. I'll make the case for more lenience in general when
> approving incubating release candidates on a separate thread later
> today.

Marvin,

Its OK.  I myself am frazzled over lots of things going on around me.  So I
know some of my responses as of late have either been way too
short/confrontational and too long/fillibustery.  So I know where you're
coming from.

I look forward to arguing with you over podling releases in a separate
thread.

Dan,

So here's my point of view.  Justin's provided some more context on how to
shape licenses.  If you feel very strongly that the release should go out
the door, the way it is, then I am OK with changing my vote to a +1.  If
however, you're like me, and would prefer accuracy over speed, I think its
worth your time to fix the remaining license issues, package up a CR10, and
see that the IPMC votes +1 without reservations (it gives better confidence
that you can cut an ASF release).

I'm even willing to help you rewrite your license file for accuracy.

John