From Enis Söztutar <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Software grant for Ratis (incubating)
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2017 00:40:01 GMT

> I'm pretty sure I brought this up on legal-discuss before.  Its not
> incorrect, but they are openly giving access to the code to the ASF.  The
> ASF can choose to ignore that license if they want.

All of the developers are coming from the Apache community (mainly Hadoop
and related), so the intention from day-1 was to go through incubation. I
guess nobody bothered with putting license headers for the company because
of the eventuality.

On a separate note, I wish there was a fast-track for these kind of
projects which can start internally in Apache without too much of a hassle.