From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Please add PR-related item to podling graduation checklist
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2017 01:04:07 GMT
Thank you so much, John. That's brilliant.
Warmly,Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

  On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 19:59, John D. Ament<johndament@apache.org> wrote:   Sally,
I just updated the staging page with a proposed change, based on your text.  I'm going to
move it to prod tomorrow or sometime later, but please take a look.
http://incubator.staging.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#press-release
John

Are there any other questions or comments or +1s?
Do let me know if there are any concerns I can address.
Kind thanks,Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

  On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 5:39, Sally Khudairi<sk@apache.org> wrote:   Thank you so
much, Felix. I really appreciate it.
Kind regards,Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

 On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 5:37, Felix Meschberger<fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:  +1

This makes a lot of sense.

Thanks
Felix

> Am 27.01.2017 um 02:09 schrieb Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>:
>
> Hello Apache Incubator team --I hope you are all well.
> John Ament (copied) suggested I write to you regarding promoting a podling's graduation.
> Would it be possible to include a line item somewhere on http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
along the lines of:
>> "PPMCs: please contact ASF Marketing & Publicity at press(at)apache(dot)org if
your project is interested in a formal press release announcing your graduation."

process, etc. And example of a TLP press release is https://s.apache.org/u67z
> Too often what's happening is that once the submission request to the Board goes out,
the podling starts tweeting that they're graduating (incorrect/inappropriate). Or that they're
up for graduation (OK, but iffy).
> When the Board passes the resolution, everyone tweets. OK, fine, it's time to celebrate.
>
> Then the project comes to me saying "oops: we need press..." and I wind up scrambling
to get everything done in a timely manner so that the press release doesn't happen weeks after
the Board passes the resolution (= no longer "news").
> The past several press releases that have gone out are a result of me seeing that the
podling's proposal has gone to board@, and me writing the VP stating, "I see that you're preparing
to graduate. Do you want a press release? If so, let's work together ..."

> Seeing that most podlings need a couple of weeks to pull their content together --particularly
if soliciting supporting testimonials from the community-- starting our preparations as part
of their graduation checklist would be hugely helpful.
> And, even if the graduation doesn't happen for some reason, at least we're ready.
>
> Thanks in advance for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you!
> Kind regards,Sally
> Vice President Marketing & PublicityThe Apache Software Foundation = = = = =  vox
+1 617 921 8656gvox +1 646 598 4616skype sallykhudairi