From Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache DistributedLog release 0.4.0-incubating
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2017 16:47:17 GMT
On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 11:37 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > I think they might come from apache bookkeeper. when we started building
>> > DL, we might copy some headers from bookkeeper. We will address this in
>> > next RC.
>>
>> Look like they may of also fixed this issue [1]. For why see the last bit
>> of Step 2 here [2]. I assume there’s no code from bookkeeper included in
>> the source release?
>>

> Correct. We will follow [2] to fix this one.
>

>> > Oh the service and benchmark are two modules in the maven project. What
>> is
>> > your suggestion for this? Shall we create a giant binary package inckude
>> > both modules?
>>
>> I would of expected the source when compiled produces those artefacts.
>>

> When the source is compiled with 'mvn package', there will be two binary
> packages produced (service & benchmark). So that's how the binary packages
> were produced. I am not sure if this can address your concern here.

FYI.

This is the step how we generated the packages (we use maven release
plugin) -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-distributedlog/pull/51/files#diff-51315afca7c712ad9ce48f7ebb5c042fR228

This is the step how we copy the generated packages to stage them -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-distributedlog/pull/51/files#diff-51315afca7c712ad9ce48f7ebb5c042fR246