From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree (incubating) 0.1.0-rc4 as 0.1.0
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2017 17:18:54 GMT
On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 6:41 AM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, regarding the
> binaries.  In a recent discussion (on legal-discuss) it was decided that
> this was OK.  Ideally the NOTICE would include the information on the
> binary's source of origin (assuming that the source was eligible to be
> licensed this way).  In this case, the .tar.gz  is actually the
> distribution of Apache Spark R that looks like its required to build Toree.

I must have missed this on legal-discuss, and it's counter to my
understanding. Can you please provide a link?

Here is something I wrote to legal-discuss recently, which talks about
some of the security reasons why bundling a binary dependency is
problematic: https://s.apache.org/OuNX

Marvin Humphrey