From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Page for gathering CFP submissions
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 02:26:13 GMT
On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 9:14 PM Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 6:08 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > That doesn't work well from a permission standpoint.
>
> Can you elaborate?

There's a permission that allows a user to attach a file and a permission
that would allow you to be the only one to modify your own attachment.  I'd
rather not change the latter permission on the incubator JIRA, but I guess
if we wanted to we could request a new JIRA project just to capture this.

> > Do you see any harm
> > in requesting a ticket per submission, or an author updating the ticket
> w/
> > new attachments?
>
> Its not a huge deal, but it makes it a bit more daunting for somebody who's
> new to JIRA. Giving a link to an existing JIRA and saying click Attach
> is easier than explaining the JIRA creation process. Also, I seriously knew
> ppl. who would obsess about creating a new ticket for an open source
> project.

I've seen this problem as well.  But I've only seen this problem in
developers.  The logo CFP is more targeted at creative types so I think
that's going to be less of a challenge.  Considering the non-technical
nature of the incubator, I don't suspect this is going to be a big deal.

> It also is a tad more difficult to track and it doesn't allow for
> submitters to see
> each other's submissions easily (which creates a positive reinforcement
> effect).

I can include this link on the page to view all current submissions.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12339142

Its a public filter for all of the submissions.