From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Page for gathering CFP submissions
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 13:41:48 GMT
Sally,

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 8:27 AM Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone --I set up a test account and tried to do a submission.
>
> It worked, but is non-intuitive for someone such as myself who is
> unfamiliar with JIRA (well, I know what it is, but don't use it in my
> day-to-day work).

How did it compare to what you did on the wiki?

> I'd like to combine the draft call that I created in October with the
> instructions that John wrote so all will reside on the final page at
> incubator.apache.org. Adjustments to the copy will be needed to ensure
> that what we're asking folks to do will match the JIRA upload experience.
> For example, I had originally written that we'd like submissions in both
> .pdf and .jpg formats. I don't know if we can upload multiple images on a
> single "issue" ... so things like this need to get sorted out. Also, who
> gets notified when an issue is created (as I'm supposed to be emailing
> folks confirming receipt of their submissions). etc.

You should be able to upload multiple files, just one file at a time.
Newer versions of JIRA allow multiple at once.

Do you need to email them?  Emails about the submission should have gone to
the general@ list.  We can request infra to update the notification to also
go out to the creator.

I'd recommend we look for the submissions in PDF and PNG, but that's based
on my own knowledge.