From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Fineract 0.5.0 (incubating)
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 02:32:49 GMT
+1 (binding)

a couple of nits:
  * the format of your hashes is not super convenient for an automatic
comparison, being compatible with command line tools is probably a
good idea
  * I feel that including both LICENSE and LICENSE.md may confuse people
  * I am really happy you've integrated rat check into the build, but
it would be really nice if you could make it available from the top
level folder
  * I seems weird that you release war file in a tarball instead of a Maven repo

Thanks,
Roman.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +1 binding
>
> I checked:
> - signatures and hashes correct
> - incubating in release names
> - DISCLAIMER exists in source
> - LICENSE and NOTICE good
> - All source files have ASF headers
> - No unexpected binary files
> - Can compile from source
>
> I would remove the list of software included in the binary release from the source release
LICENSE file. It’s fine to have two different license files. The LICENSE may also be missing
a license for jquery [1]?

> The convenience binary file is missing LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER in the top level,
however the LICENSE and NOTICE file is inside the war and look correct. Can you fix this in
the next release please.