From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Page for gathering CFP submissions
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 02:14:45 GMT
On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 6:08 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
> That doesn't work well from a permission standpoint.

Can you elaborate?

> Do you see any harm
> in requesting a ticket per submission, or an author updating the ticket w/
> new attachments?

Its not a huge deal, but it makes it a bit more daunting for somebody who's
new to JIRA. Giving a link to an existing JIRA and saying click Attach
is easier than explaining the JIRA creation process. Also, I seriously knew
ppl. who would obsess about creating a new ticket for an open source project.

It also is a tad more difficult to track and it doesn't allow for
submitters to see
each other's submissions easily (which creates a positive reinforcement effect).

Thanks,
Roman.