From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: board comments on incubator
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 00:18:42 GMT
On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
> The board is concerned that we have incubating projects that have been
> around for many years.
>
> What is the sense of the incubator about this issue.

Back when I was VP of Incubator I really hoped I could help move a
needle on that.
However, the consensus back then was not in favor of creating any
forcing functions
for graduation. I can dig relevant threads from the archive if needed.

So... unless the IPMC's view has changed -- that's what I'd tell the
board -- IPMC still
thinks it is not a problem (unless podlings exhibit behavior where
board really needs
to get involved).

In a way, it is a very similar to what happens to slow projects and
the Attic -- unless
community itself expresses interest in retiring or the PMC count drops
below 3 -- there's
not really much the board typically does about those.

Thanks,
Roman.