From Dale LaBossiere <dlab...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Replacing Incubator Release Management guide
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2016 21:08:47 GMT
I applaud your efforts!!!  I may be a tad confused but why does the new text [2] have the “Podling
Constraints” section at all? They’re already stated in [5].

Sorry this is a bit twisted, hope it’s accurate and you can follow it…
[2] is referring the reader to [4] and the last item in that [4] section is a “Releases
from Incubating projects” link to [5].  Also [5] seems to now unnecessarily refer the reader
back to [2] — but [2] no longer has additional info.

So [2] still seems fatter than needed and there seems to be this undesired/unnecessary cycle:
new-incubator/releasemanagement -> dev/#releases -> incubating-policy/#releases ->
 +

Wouldn’t it be better cleaner if [2] just/only linked to [5], have [5] refer the user to
[4] for all the std stuff, and remove the list item/link in [4] so there’s no cycle

new-incubator/releasemanagement -> incubating-policy/#releases ->  dev/#releases

[5] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

— Dale