From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: Omitting "-incubating" suffix in Maven artifact version attribute for FreeMarker
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2016 10:35:26 GMT
Wednesday, December 28, 2016, 4:12:06 AM, Christopher wrote:

[snip]
> The one complication here is that the release artifact (source tarball) is
> most easily created with a maven project by using the maven-assembly-plugin
> with the source tarball assembly defined in the ASF-wide parent POM.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to set up the POM so that it
produces an assembly with the "-incubating" suffix even if the project
version doesn't contain it. Anyway, some extra release steps during
incubation can be better than troubling the users (developers who
depend on your project) with an additional groupId change or with a
non-standard version suffix. There are much more users than people who
do releases after all.

 Daniel Dekany