From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Concur for Apache Incubator
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 15:55:12 GMT

On 11/23/16, 6:19 AM, "Stian Soiland-Reyes" <stain@apache.org> wrote:

>On 23 November 2016 at 11:40, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org>
>wrote:
>> FIWI: these were my thoughts exactly. In fact, for a second there I
>>thought
>> that SAP was donating Concur codebase.
>> In the spirit of bikeshedding I propose Apache Thor (or Heyerdahl) 'cuz
>> you know: raft ;-)
>
>As Norwegian I should not really disagree on that name -- but Thor is
>already the name of lots of things, including at least two EU projecst
>https://project-thor.eu/ (Open Research interoperability)
>http://www.eu-thor.eu/ (Oceanography!)
>

>Apache Heyerdahl..?

Thor Heyerdahl wrote a book about a raft trip from South America to the
South Pacific.  His first book is titled "Kon-Tiki".  There is already an
Apache Tika, so maybe Apache Tiki wouldn't work, but maybe Apache ConTiki.
 Not sure if we could use the book title in the project name.

Just painting the bike shed,
-Alex