From Billie Rinaldi <bil...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Releasing Apache Metron (incubating) 0.3.0-RC1
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 16:08:53 GMT
+1 binding
checksums and signature are correct
builds from source and unit tests pass
disclaimer is correct
release consists of source code and matches tag contents
license and notice notes:
- The Chef copyright in NOTICE is good, but the files copied directly from
Bento should not have ASF headers: "Do not add the standard Apache License
header to the top of third-party source files" from
https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party
- I appreciate the work the Metron community has done to create individual
LICENSE and NOTICE files for each shaded jar that is created by building
the source. I have not had time to review all of these, but this should not
be a blocker since the jars are not being distributed separately.