From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clarification of Mentors from Proposal Guide
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2016 15:16:56 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 3:05 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
> ...*Note that since Mentors are appointed by the Incubator PMC at the end of
> the acceptance process, they have no formal role until the proposal is
> accepted....

I don't think this is really useful, it seems to just cover edge cases
that we might as well explain on list if they happen.

I suggest replacing both paragraphs that you list by this, or a
refined variant of it:

"Three Mentors gives a quorum and allows a Podling more autonomy, so the current
consensus is that three Mentors is a good number. Any experienced
Apache community
member can provide informal mentorship anyway, what's important is to make sure
the podling has enough regularly available mentors to progress smoothly."

-Bertrand