From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Policy Question: GA for GitHub for Podlings
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 05:58:09 GMT
On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 8:45 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:

> > As one of the member of the IPMC, I would very much like to see
> > podlings set up *EXACTLY* like PMCs, albeit with oversight by mentors.
> > That means non-IPMC members are NOT removed, and committers in the
> > "incubator" group are NOT added, only mentors.
> >

> I'm a bit iffy here.  IMHO, we cannot leave existing accounts in place on
> the organization, as we won't have ICLAs on file (except for a few who
> already exist I bet).  What I don't want to see is the PPMC, for non-IPMC
> members, be given the ability to grant committer privileges to the repo
> without having an ICLA on file.

Well, this is a bunch of technical bits that Infra will take care of, to
ensure that we meet the needs defined by Legal Affairs, when operating
under "GitHub as Master".

I believe the IPMC *policy* point is more about community, rather than
these considerations. I'm comfortable we can meet Legal's needs before/for
graduation (tho I can't give a timeframe). The outstanding question is
whether we're being *asked* to do so.

If IPMC defines some additional requirements that we haven't foreseen (eg.
every IPMC members gets commit on the podling), then we can figure out the
feasibility.

Cheers,
-g