From Anthony Baker <aba...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache Geode (incubating)
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 01:20:24 GMT

> On Nov 8, 2016, at 5:06 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 7:58 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> the ones you're pointing to are the old ones.
>>
>> So it might be a good idea to point people to the right docs there?
>>

> I know when I pointed this out to the PPMC a few weeks ago, the pivotal
> site went offline.  Was it restored since then?

Nope, http://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/about_geode.html <http://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/about_geode.html>
is the only site that hosts Geode documentation.  The former site (http://geode.docs.pivotal.io
<http://geode.docs.pivotal.io/>) no longer works.

The site that Justin found (https://github.com/project-geode/docs <https://github.com/project-geode/docs>)
was used to host the documentation sources prior to contributing them to the Geode project.
I agree that it should be taken down.  In the meantime I’ll try and get the README updated
to point to the current documentation sources in the Geode repo.

Thanks,
Anthony