From Craig Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Traffic Control Incubator Code Grant next steps
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 05:33:27 GMT
Hi Phil,

> On Oct 5, 2016, at 9:51 AM, Phil Sorber <sorber@apache.org> wrote:
>
> So we now have CCLA's on file from all contributing corps as well as ICLA's from all
individual contributors. Have we satisfied the requirements to make a release from the incubator
or are there still additional steps like an IP Clearance vote?

There is no separate IP clearance vote needed for incubator releases. If the code is ready
to go, prepare a release and follow the incubator vote procedure. The cover page for the project
should be updated with the IP clearance. You can put it in the Copyright section.

> I've seen those threads, but they look like code grants to existing projects so it wasn't
clear if that was required or not.

IP clearance is part of the normal incubating process, and there is a separate, special IP
clearance process for non-incubating projects.

Craig

> Thanks.

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org