From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache BatchEE 0.4-incubating
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 15:56:36 GMT
On 26 September 2016 at 16:45, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de.invalid> wrote:
> Again the question is not about our own repo. The problem are the dozen downstream repos.
You cannot delete it from there once it got pulled downstream. Or is there now a way to prevent
downstream replication? How does that work?

Just a thought .. you can push to other refs/ than heads/ and tags/

stain@biggiebuntu:~/src/taverna/incubator-taverna-maven-parent$ git
push origin f9e049adc3cc079b9efedbbea9cefcaa2ae85c7b:refs/tmp/3-incubating-SNAPSHOT

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-maven-parent.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tmp/3-incubating-SNAPSHOT

does not seem to be show on
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-maven-parent as a branch
or tag

but exists as a commit:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-maven-parent/commit/f9e049adc3cc079b9efedbbea9cefcaa2ae85c7b

bug or feature?

I don't think it's too usable, as you have to do git fetch origin
refs/tmp/3-incubating-SNAPSHOT -- and you would also fight with Maven
release plugin to do so.. But it's not all black and white. :)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718