From Wade Chandler <cons...@wadechandler.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NetBeans Incubator Proposal
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2016 21:38:44 GMT
On Sep 21, 2016 4:15 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacretaz@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Mark Struberg
> <struberg@yahoo.de.invalid> wrote:
> > ...Please note that during the incubation people need to either show
that they
> > are eager to engage with the community...
>
> Indeed, but for a well established project like NetBeans I suppose the
> initial committers will recognize some people as soon as they show up,
> as contributors to NetBeans before Apache, and suggest electing them
> quicker than if they were unknown. With such a large project it's
> probably impossible to create a fully fair initial list of committers,
> and fixing that shortly after entering incubation is fine.

I can say as a long time contributor who is not on the initial list, I
understand, think it is fine, and agree that being added once we get into
the actual incubation phase makes sense. It seems moot until then as you
can see I am able to contribute as much as I can at this stage anyways. I
think that is the direction people need if they do not already know or
understand it as getting into building a thorough list before hand will
certainly take time away from higher priority items at this stage.

Thanks

Wade