incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Nalley <>
Subject Re: Preliminary NetBeans cost findings
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 16:14:12 GMT
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<> wrote:
> Hi,
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 4:40 PM, David Nalley <> wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 1:52 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
>> <> wrote:
>>> suggestion is for infra (David or Greg) to give us their ok to
>>> proceed with the vote...
>> ...The Office of the President doesn't have any oversight over PMCs, so
>> strictly speaking the IPMC can proceed with this however it likes on
>> whatever timetable it sees fit...
> My intention as the NetBeans champion is to be collaborative, so even
> though you guys have no formal power w.r.t voting the podling in I
> think it's worth agreeing on how we proceed.

Yep, my paragraph was primarily directed at those who are new and
might confuse titles with authority.

>> ...With my VP Infra/member/IPMC member hats on, I'd prefer seeing the
>> plan for plugins.nb.o in place before you consider this....
> I see two options then:
> a) We don't vote on the NetBeans proposal until the current NetBeans
> team + mentors have worked with infra (on this list I assume) on a
> plan for once NetBeans moves to the ASF. I
> suspect this can easily take two weeks.

This is my personal leaning, I am sure Greg and Daniel can help
provide attention in sussing out potential issues.

> b) We vote on the NetBeans proposal without waiting, and the podling
> assumes the risk of having to wait for budget or technical solutions
> to run at or via the ASF.
> Do people agree that these options make sense, and Geertjan which one
> is your and your team's favorite?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message