From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Olympian Incubation Proposal
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:05:12 GMT
Hi Chris,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I have a bit of a different understanding. We only accept code contributions
> that want to be here....

This sounds similar to the discussions we had about Bloodhound back in
early 2012 - Roy had some good comments about what we should or should
not accept, at https://s.apache.org/roy_forks_2012

It's not all black and white, but IMO we do need some form of
agreement from the original authors about the ASF taking control of
their code. Or maybe a demonstration that they really don't care about
it anymore, which some of the info in this thread hints to.

-Bertrand