From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Request to join Apache Streams (Incubating) as Mentor
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 22:38:28 GMT
On 2016-09-28 00:08, John D. Ament wrote:
> is there anyone on streams to object?

I don't think so, no :-)

> Is this going to be more of a reboot or do we expect some amount of going
> forward?

Right now, I expect or at least hope some amount of going forward.

Or depending on the outcome of some new discussions and potential interest
voiced by a member on the W3C ActivityStreams 2.0 spec group, it might even
lead to a reboot.
It is too early to tell either way.

> We had a similar case recently with another podling.  There was a
> retirement vote, some community voices, when it came to actually reviving
> they got part way through and ended up sputtering out.  Its nothing against
> them, its just that priorities change.
>
> I would strongly recommend that we monitor streams for 3 months like a new
> podling, just to make sure progress is happening.  If no progress, or some
> issues pop up, we need to all be comfortable with cutting bait on it.

I agree, and I think it is a good suggestion to switch back to a 3 monthly
reporting schedule to keep the IPMC in the loop on progress (or lack thereof).

Ate