From Craig Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: SGA or ICLA?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 23:29:30 GMT
Hi Taylor,

My advice is to simply get ICLAs for all past, present, and future contributors to the project.
That will cover Apache’s requirements.

If you have people who for whatever reason won’t sign the ICLA, perhaps you can bring their
concerns back here.

Regards,

Criag

> On Sep 14, 2016, at 2:03 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’m about to go through the IP clearance process for some code donations and will need
to track down some individuals and ask them to sign and Agreement (SGA or ICLA).

> It seems clear to me that the primary author should submit a SGA, but it’s not clear
which to use for other individuals who made contributions.

> For individuals who contributed in the past, but are not likely to contribute in the
future, it seems and SGA is more appropriate. For individuals who are likely to contribute
in the future an ICLA seems more appropriate.

> For the specific case I have in mind, original author and contributors are all individuals,
there is no Company involved.

> Is my reasoning sound here?
>
> -Taylor

Craig L Russell