From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Olympian Incubation Proposal
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 19:10:54 GMT
Some clarification of what constitutes a “hostile fork” would indeed be useful. On a few
occasions I have had discussions with communities on joining Apache, and this often comes
up. We have relied on precedent — and in particular, on-the-record comments by board members
on this list — and it has been working OK.

Bertrand, can you clarify what you mean by “author”. Do you mean copyright holder or you
mean the individuals? (In this case it is moot, as DataStax is the copyright holder and the
individuals are now mostly DataStax employees, but in other cases it is a material distinction.)

Julian