From Andrew Evans <Andrew.Ev...@hygenicsdata.com>
Subject RE: Help Wanted for Potential Projects
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 15:29:19 GMT
There is no relocation needed. There are alternatives such as Asana, Skype, or Microsoft Lync.
I am sure we could find a way through there. I have a Scrum board currently at SeeNowDo.com.

Are you interested in the project? Would you like to take a look at the SRS and SDS? I would
like to be able to create something powerful enough to nearly build integrated databases intelligently
and also beat commercially available tools while working within existing software like Pentaho.
It is a purely Open Source project.

Andrew

From: Martin Gainty [mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2016 5:48 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Help Wanted for Potential Projects

Evening Andreware you looking for engineers local to Greater Denver?
if not are you expecting the engineer to relo to Greater Denver?

Best Regards
Martin

> From: Andrew.Evans@hygenicsdata.com
> To: general@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Help Wanted for Potential Projects
> Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 17:45:09 +0000
>
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to start off with an introduction. My name is Andrew Evans.  I have 3 years
of programming / dev experience in Java, Scala, Python, PostgreSQL, Spring (Boot, REST) ;
etc. I am working on a startup as well to bring power to medium size datasets and build mobile
applications capable of utilizing text and numeric data as one to make better predictions.

> Between this and full time work, I have started several open sourced (currently BSD 2
claused) projects which could greatly benefit the community and empower everyone using big
data with a simplified pipeline for ETL and Acquisition as well as a Scala/ Java version of
Fabric for simplified system administration.

> I could really use some help making the following projects better and have full SRS and
SDS documents available.

> OpenETL - A pipeline built around Pentaho and adding data Quality Assurance and some
other basics such as initial SQL importing, communications, file system management, and large
document parsing as needed.
> https://github.com/asevans48/OpenETL
>

> Acquisition Tools - A set of tools for acquiring and parsing data initially from any
source over networks or via file systems with an aim of also including images and NLP.  The
current system is parallizable and threadable with a few tools to improve acquisition and
initial intake.
> https://github.com/asevans48/AcquisitionTools
>

> ScalaFabric - Actually much broader but still fairly simple. It includes wrappers around
the AWS SDK and Mesos SDK as well as interaction with the REST templates for Marathon and
Chronos using Apache Http Components. A pipeline is in place to allow entire clusters to be
generated from a single line of code and serialized clases or Json objects using FasterXML
at the moment.
> https://github.com/asevans48/ScalaFabric
>
> Potentially, all three coudl be wrapped into a single environment with the last providing
Carte or acquisition node support. I have the program set up to be able to support multiple
clusters.

> If anyone is interested in helping, please let me know. Even a fork of one or more of
the projects would be nice. I would be happy to shoot the SRS, SDS, and other docs over and
get you integrated into the Scrum board at SeeNowDo. It is also possible to generate Java
Docs from the code.