From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Incubator Logo & Branding
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2016 02:06:51 GMT
All,

As a follow up to the current discussions happening, I wanted to get
opinions from the IPMC on whether or not the Incubator logo should be
included in podling websites.

Take https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/BrandingAuditJune2016 as a summary
of podling status.

29 podlings presently show the Incubator Logo.  1 podling uses a custom
version of the logo.  This means we're just above 50% matching.  The
branding guide indicates that this is a should, which essentially means
that unless there's some strong reason to not include, it is to be included
on the website.

I believe the usage of the Incubator logo comes from including parent
project logos on sub-project websites, where podlings are essentially
sub-projects, but I can't find anything confirming this.

If we are to require the logo to be present, we must spell out the URL to
the logo to use.  This may be a variety of logos, include transparency
effects, with and without borders, but we should guide projects on where to
find them.

John