From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.1-RC3
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 23:27:07 GMT
Hi,

-1 binding, missing DISCLAIMER and LICENSE and header issues

I checked:
- artefact names contain incubating
- hashes and signature good
- DISCLAIMER file is missing
- LICENSE contains things that are not bundled and missing things that are (see below). It
also contains paths to files that do not exist.
- NOTICE is OK but contain extra unneeded information
- Some file have incorrect Apache headers e.g. [1]

From what I can tell only the following is bundled in the source release is:
anchor JS
bootstrap
jquery
modernizr
glyph icons font
pigments CSS
normalize.css (in bootstrap)
polypill (in moderniser)

The LICENSE file in the source release needs to reflect this. [2] Perhaps you included all
dependancies or created a LICENSE for the convience binary file not the source file?? Note
that also a short pointer to a license is preferred over the long form [4] License also includes
licenses that are not category A which would not normally be allowed in a source release.

This file contains 3rd party code but it not clear how that is licensed. [3]

I made a video the other month that may help understand what’s needed with bootstrap. [5]

Thanks,
Justin

1. /services/dashboard/views/cluster/workers/add_worker.js
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle
3. ./experiments/akkastream/src/main/scala/akka/stream/ModuleGraph.scala
4. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps
5. https://vimeo.com/171210141