From "Wang, Gang1" <gang1.w...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release of Apache Mnemonic-0.2.0-incubating [rc3]
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2016 07:01:39 GMT

From: Justin Mclean [mailto:justin@classsoftware.com]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2016 6:48 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Mnemonic-0.2.0-incubating [rc3]

Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- release contains incubating
- signature and hash good
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- No binaries in source
- All files have ASF headers
- Could compile from source but some minor issues (on OSX)

I think the README could do with some clearer information on how to compile on OSX. It seem
the optional parts are not optional by default?

I manage to get it to compile by skipping the optional bits:
mvn -pl '!mnemonic-memory-services/mnemonic-nvml-vmem-service' -pl '!mnemonic-memory-services/mnemonic-pmalloc-service'
clean package install

You may want to double check your dependancies as I’m seeing a LGPL dependancy but it seems
to be for testing?

[INFO] org.apache.mnemonic:mnemonic-utilities-service:jar:0.2.0-incubating
[INFO] +- org.testng:testng:jar:6.8.17:test [INFO] |  +- org.beanshell:bsh:jar:2.0b4:test
[INFO] |  \- com.beust:jcommander:jar:1.27:test
[INFO] +- org.apache.mnemonic:mnemonic-core:jar:0.2.0-incubating:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.flowcomputing.commons:commons-resgc:jar:0.8.9:compile
[INFO] |  \- com.squareup:javapoet:jar:1.6.1:compile
[INFO] +- org.apache.mnemonic:mnemonic-collections:jar:0.2.0-incubating:compile
[INFO] \- org.flowcomputing.commons:commons-primitives:jar:0.6.0:compile

Thanks,
Justin