From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Traffic Control into the Apache Incubator
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 18:27:31 GMT
On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 09:05:29 -0600
Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> > The proposal follows, you can also access the wiki page:
> > https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TrafficControlProposal
>

> Any more thoughts on this [VOTE] and proposal? Any concerns? Seems
> like we could use a couple of more binding votes.

OK, I've taken a look: looks good to me.

Just wondering if you could elaborate on one point:

"We don't want to become a sub-project of ATS though, because we
believe we should add other caching proxies as they are deemed to be a
valuable addition to the Traffic Control CDN. "

To me that raises a couple of questions:
 - Would association with ATS really hold you back?
 - How much overlap is there between the dev communities?
I'm wondering if the experience of separating HTTPD and APR
might just be relevant to this issue.

--
Nick Kew