From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Request to add project proposal to Incubator Wiki.
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 16:17:04 GMT
Hi all,

I'm starting a proposal to contribute an existing project to Apache called
"Juneau".  I'm not quite sure about the details on the process.  The
documentation I've read so far indicates I should start by adding a
proposal to wiki.apache.org/incubator/ProjectProposals.  However, my user
(JamesBognar) does not appear to have edit support on that page.  Can I get
granted write access?

The project being contributed was a component of Jazz Foundation.
Internally to IBM, it was known by the code name Juno, and it is used by at
least 50 projects inside IBM.  IBM has decided it makes sense to make it
available as an open source project.  Due to existing dependencies on other
Apache libraries, it made the most sense to make it available under the
Apache v2 license.

The project does not have a Champion yet.  Anyone interested in being a
Champion, please contact me!

It currently has a google site with links to the code, documentation, and
community:
https://sites.google.com/site/apachejuneau/

Thanks!
--