From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: *.incubator.apache.org and lists.apache.org?
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2016 14:23:03 GMT
On 06/28/2016 04:19 PM, John D. Ament wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:17 AM Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Let's keep the two things separate: There's Pony Mail, and then there's
>> lists.apache.org which is a specific installation of it.
>>
>> In the specific agreement we have about lists.apache.org, we wanted the
>> '.incubator' part of the mailing list IDs stripped, so we wouldn't have
>> to fix that every single time on graduation - it would just work when
>> projects became TLPs.
>>
>> I realize this poses an issue with the subscribe button, but it's
>> something we (infra) are willing to live with for the time being, if it
>> means less overall work for an understaffed infra team.
>>
>> We could, as I said on the JIRA ticket you raised, have
>> $podling.apache.org be a valid MX record from the beginning, but I'm
>> sure someone on this list will protest ;-)
>>

> You're incorrect.

I merely said 'protest', I'm sure if we wait long enough, we can get
someone to do that :p I am not saying it's against policy. However, it
hasn't been formally requested (to the best of my knowledge), which
would be a good thing, so infra knows how to set up podlings in the
future, should the IPMC with for this to work like you say.

This was discussed previously on this mailing list, and