From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Command-line Tool 3.1.0-incubating RC3
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2016 00:50:45 GMT
Hi,

+1 (binding). Can you fix the LICENSE and NOTICE issues in the next release please.

> Note that Taverna still suffers from not having enough active mentors

I can help by reviewing the release but I’m at my limit mentor wise sorry.

I checked:
- artefact names contain incubating
- signatures and hashes fine
- DISCLAIMERs exist
- there are issues with LICENSE and NOTICE files mostly items in NOTICE that should be in
LICENSE (see below)
- all ASF licensed source files have Apache headers
- no unexpected binaries
- able to compile all from source but it seems the order matters (i.e. you need to compile
the engine first) you may want to mention that in README if it’s not already

In apache-taverna-commandline-3.1.0-incubating
- wording in NOTICE is is a little odd but probably fine.
- year in NOTICE needs updating

In apache-taverna-common-activities-2.1.0-incubating
- W3C license info should be moved to LICENSE or preferably to it own file and a pointer to
that file added [1]
- LICENSE is missing license for this file [3]

In apache-taverna-engine-3.1.0-incubating
- The licence of this file [2] needs to be mentioned in LICENSE not NOTICE [1]. A pointer
to the license file is preferred.

Thanks,
Justin

1.http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps
2. ./taverna-execution-hadoop/src/main/java/org/pingel/util/CrossProduct.java
3. ./taverna-interaction-activity/src/main/resources/json2.js