From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.25 (incubating)
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 23:17:59 GMT
Thursday, June 23, 2016, 12:48:12 AM, John D. Ament wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 6:41 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> +1 binding
>>
>> I checked:
>> - files name contain incubating
>> - signatures and hashes correct
>> - DISCLAIMER exists
>> - NOTICE and LICENSE ok, although NOTICE contains text that should be in
>> LICENSE. It’s also not clear to me if the text in NOTICE is referring to
>> Apache FreeMarker or some previous version of FreeMarker.
>> - all ASF licensed source file have Apache headers
>> - no unexpected binary files
>> - can compile from source
>>
>> May be a good idea to:
>> - To sign the release wth an apache.org email address. This was mentioned
>> last release I’m not sure that something signed by a freemail.hu address
>> gives me any confidence.
>> - Fix the copyright year in [1] (and at the same time replace the
>> reference to http://freemarker.org/ with an Apache URL.)
>

>> Just out of interest why does the README start with this? i.e. direct the
>> user to an non Apache URL for downloads/reporting bugs?
>>

> FWIW, freemarker.incubator.apache.org redirects to freemarker.org, there
> were prior discussions on it.  I think the podling should have a project
> specific goal of implementing both an apache.org presence and freemarker.org
> presence, in alignment with prior trademark comments.  At least in my
> opinion that should be a pre-requisite for graduation.

The consensus was that the canonical domain remains the traditional
freemarker.org until graduation, and after that the canonical domain
will be under apache.org, and freemarker.org will redirect to there.
Also note that freemarker.org is on the Apache infrastructure. It's
physically the same as freemarker.incubator.apache.org.

> I'll take a closer look at the release tonight and provide a vote.
>
> John
>

>>  Apache FreeMarker 2.3.25-incubating
>>  For the latest version or to report bugs visit:
>>  http://freemarker.org/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin
>>
>> 1. ./src/main/java/freemarker/core/CommandLine.java

 Daniel Dekany