From Benjamin Kim <bbuil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kudu (incubating) 0.9.0 released
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 16:56:46 GMT
Hi J-D,

I would like to get this started especially now that UPSERT and Spark SQL DataFrames support.
But, how do I use Cloudera Manager to deploy it? Is there a parcel available yet? Is there
a new CSD file to be downloaded? I currently have CM 5.7.0 installed.

Thanks,
Ben

> On Jun 10, 2016, at 7:39 AM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcryans@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The Apache Kudu (incubating) team is happy to announce the release of Kudu 0.9.0!
>
> Kudu is an open source storage engine for structured data which supports low-latency
random access together with efficient analytical access patterns. It is designed within the
context of the Apache Hadoop ecosystem and supports many integrations with other data analytics
projects both inside and outside of the Apache Software Foundation.

> This latest version adds basic UPSERT functionality and an improved Apache Spark Data
Source that doesn’t rely on the MapReduce I/O formats. It also improves Tablet Server restart
time as well as write performance under high load. Finally, Kudu now enforces the specification
of a partitioning scheme for new tables.